Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 May 2016

Vera from America vs Me & Mum

My mother's half sister " Vera" had migrated to America long ago. She comes back once a while to visit. Usually during such visits she'll remind mum, what a horrible place we are still living in, & how she had the good fortune to escape this hell-hole. Strange isn't it, considering mum don't have to lift her finger at any house work as we have domestic help (Aunt Vera has to do everything herself ), our schools are super safe (no one goes around shooting students), our streets are safe, there's hardly any drugs or street gangs on the streets ... well I've not seen any in my 20 odd years here! Anyway.....

Aunty Vera has 4 main stories she likes to tell :
1. the highlights of her modelling career in Singapore long ago (who said what, who touched her where),
2. her disastrous marriage to her first husband ,( a self-proclaimed millionaire from America),
3. her disastrous marriage to her second husband (another self-proclaimed millionaire from America)
3. her frequent trips round the world ( she claims :Italy is overrun with gypsies, Paris is a rip-off, Switzerland is a bore )
4. & the times she bump into celebrities in the first class during her trips to exotic places.

Tonight she'll be coming to our place for dinner. My mum insisted I come home to meet her. Maybe she can't stand being alone with Aunty Vera, who can?. My dad had mysteriously come up with a sudden excuse- an important 'meeting' with some friends ....lol..  All my siblings were suddenly very busy as well tonight ..lol.. Well I've to sacrifice myself yet again!

Paris is always a JOY & never a rip-off, to me at least ..lol..

4 comments:

  1. At least your aunt Vera is staying in America & you don't get to see her often. My colleague has somewhat the same personality & she sits next to me in the office. Can you imagine my life !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ...lol...
      sympathize with you :))

      Delete
  2. I was checking on slimming meds Panbesy & Duromine & stumble upon your blog.
    Very Nice! Especially this entry. I totally get it. I've a friend who has migrated there as well after school. She does comes back once every 2 years. We'll usually have a gathering with some of our classmates.
    I think this year most of us will pass! Because she kept 'insulting' us. It's like living there is one class higher.
    By the way, just make app with your doc. Cant wait to lose some weight.
    Thanks Eva for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.... & Good luck with the weight loss !

      Delete